Dr. Cooper’s professional career includes practicing as a private-practice periodontist; academician, researcher, and teacher; practice-management consultant; corporate consultant and trainer; seminar director, board director, author, entrepreneur, and inventor. In 2011, Dr. Cooper was selected as a coach for the prestigious TED Fellows Program. In his career, Dr. Cooper has worked with Silicon Valley startups, hospitals and hospital systems and insurance companies, as well as Fortune 500 companies. Dr. Cooper has worked with dental clients in the U.S., U.K., Australia, Cambodia, Canada, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman, Brazil, Singapore, New Zealand and Israel.
Today, Dr. Cooper’s principal commitments are to educating, developing, and training dentist-entrepreneurs and senior executives of emerging or established managed group practices. His work is focused on developing strategies to succeed in the emerging future of dentistry, leadership development, senior executive development, corporate infrastructure development, and the development of high-performance cultures. Over the last six years Dr. Cooper has worked with dentist-entrepreneurs worldwide to generate highly successful managed group practices.
Author and Coach
Dr. Cooper is author of eight successful books: “Mastering the Business of Practice,” “Partnerships in Dental Practice,” “Running on Empty,” “SOURCE,” “Valuocity,” “Valuocity II,” “Valuocity III,” and “The Elder.” His electronic newsletter reaches thousands of subscribers in 31 countries. Dr. Cooper also co-developed a suite of online dental-practice management assessment tools.
Dr. Cooper has worked in the domain of self-awareness for more than 30 years; est, Landmark Education, The Pathwork, Neurolinguistic Programing, Edwin Friedman and Daniel Goleman’s work on self-actualization and self-differentiation, training and therapy with a Jungian psychiatrist on Individuation, and Buddhist meditation and other meditative programs at Naropa University. He has delivered a variety of programs inside and outside of dentistry on self-awareness.
After more than 30 years of consulting and coaching in the dental industry, our client experience is broad, rich and deep, and clearly distinct from other dental-consulting enterprises.
Our client list includes more than 2,000 dentists in solo or small partnered practices, as well as companies throughout the supply chain: insurance companies, clearinghouses, suppliers, vendors, community dental clinics, and professional organizations.
In addition, we have worked with large hospital systems, Silicon Valley startups, think tanks, IT companies, and several Fortune 500 companies.
Beyond North America, we have worked with clients in The United Arab Emirates, Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Chile, Great Britain, Greece, Italy, New Zealand, Portugal and Singapore.
COLLEGES, THINK TANKS AND UNIVERSITIES
- Battelle Memorial Institute (WA)
- Harvard University (MA)
- John Bastyr School of Naturopathy (WA)
- The Woods Hole Group (MA)
- UCLA Health Sciences (CA)
- University of Pacific (CA)
- University of Pittsburgh (PA)
- University of Washington (WA)
- The American Dental Association (ADA)
- The Association of Dental Service Organizations (ADSO)
- The American Association of Dental group Practices (AADGP)
- The National Association of Dental Plans (NADP)
- The National Dental EDI Council (NDEDIC)
- The Texas State Dental Society
- The Idaho State Dental Society
- Pacific Northwest Dental Society
- The California Dental Society
- The Massachusetts Dental Society
- The American Association of Orthodontists
- The American College of Healthcare Executives
- GE Capital
- NASA/Ames Business Incubator
- Henry Schein
- Trojan Clearinghouse
HOSPITALS AND HOSPITAL SYSTEMS
- Valley Medical Center
- Swedish Hospital
- EvergreenHealth Medical Center
- University of Washington Hospital
- Beaverton Community
- Delta Dental Washington State
- Delta Dental Massachusettes